Preparing for Nose Surgery
Every cosmetic procedure at our practice begins with a “pre-op” visit to check the general health and readiness of our Los Angeles nose surgery patients. This pre-op consultation is your chance to share your complete medical history with Dr. Stevens or Dr. Spring, receive a physical examination, and discuss your goals.
During the consultation, our patients considering a “nose job” in Los Angeles receive specific directions to help them prepare for nose surgery. Here is a helpful list of preparations and precautions:
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications prior to surgery
- Do not get a suntan or sunburn one week before surgery
- If you smoke, quit smoking for at least 2 weeks before surgery and for several months after surgery (smoking greatly increases your risk of complications and will contribute to poor healing and scars)
- Make arrangements for someone to drive you to and from the operation
- Arrange for someone to care for you the first 24 to 72 hours after surgery
- Fill your prescriptions before surgery (especially pain medications and antibiotics)
- Set up a comfortable place to recover at home with lots of pillows, things to read, music, and movies
- Use a whistle, bell, or intercom system for requesting help
- Stock up on quick snacks that are high in protein and low in salt
- On the day of surgery, wear loose clothing which will be easy to change into after the operation (a shirt that buttons in front)
We ask our Los Angeles nose surgery patients not to eat or drink anything after bedtime on the day before your procedure. If you take daily medication, ask your surgeon if it is safe to take before the procedure. Be sure to follow all of your surgeon’s directions carefully.
When you feel you are ready to take the next step, get started by requesting your consultation with Dr. Stevens or Dr. Spring. You can receive a free consultation when you request your consultation online and schedule your visit during one of the convenient appointment times he has set aside exclusively for Web visitors. Or, call us at 877.298.9915 in Marina Del Rey today to schedule your appointment. If you’re not quite ready for a consultation, chat online with our patient coordinator for confidential, no-obligation advice and information you can trust.
To learn more in the comfort of your own home, download a Free Guide to Cosmetic Surgery, filled with details about the things that matter most for our plastic surgery patients. When you’re ready, our surgeons are available to review your cosmetic and functional concerns and help you determine your best options.